The Columbine is a durable ground-to-ground house ideal for winter greenhouse protection, early spring starts, and
inexpensive greenhouse expansions. This freestanding structure is made of high-strength, 2-inch galvanized square
bows. It is competitively priced and easy to assemble. With up to 12′ peak height, many growers use Columbines for
multi-tier production with hanging baskets overhead and flats or containers below and along the sidewalls. Outfit the
Columbine with heat and mechanical ventilation or go passive with roll-up sidewalls and large double slider doors on the end walls.
- Adapts to double-polyethylene and polycarbonate coverings
- Can be retrofitted to accept corrugated polycarbonate
- Pre-designed for fast shipment and simple construction.
- Easy to disassemble for storage.
- The Columbine can be constructed using a welded ground frame specifically designed for seasonal pop-up locations.
Discover the Columbine, a cost-effective, ground-to-ground greenhouse for winter protection.
Read about our new University of Nevada, Reno, Greenhouse Research Facility.
Overview of our greenhouses for commercial growing.
Read our case study on the White Oak Garden Center in Cincinnati, OH
Overview of our greenhouse offerings for garden center retailers.
Overview of our greenhouse offering for produce growers.
The Columbine comes as a 30′ wide span and can have a peak height of up to 12′. Roll-up sidewalls are most common, but mechanical ventilation is available.
- Standard Bow Spacing: 4′ and 6′ increments
- Standard sidewall heights: 0′, 1′, 2′, 3′
Get to Know the Columbine
- 2-inch square steel bows and 1½” square purlins
- Mounted with 2¼” square ground stakes that can be raised up to 3’ sidewall height
- 2¼” steel bow connector
- Wood or galvanized-steel baseboard
- Standard 44′ wide poly will cover the roof with standard 3′ sidewalls
- Non-load-rated house; check local codes for load requirements
- Lengths can be either 4′ or 6′ bow spacings
- Can be fitted with gable ends, flashing, and bow supports